- First, download the Pixelmon and Forge versions given on the downloads page here.
- If Minecraft is currently open, close it.
- The Forge comes with an automatic installer; when you run Forge, make sure you select "client".
- When the Forge installation is done, open the new Minecraft launcher and click "Edit Profile", and a pop-up window should appear with lots of settings. Then go down to "Use Version" and click on the drop-down menu. There should be an option called "release 1.7.2-Forge10.12.2.1121" or something similar. Choose that and click "Save Profile".
- If Minecraft loads without crashing then you have installed Forge correctly.
- Close Minecraft and re-navigate to the roaming folder.
- Open the Minecraft launcher, press "Edit Profile" and then "open game dir" to open your Minecraft folder, open the mods folder and place the Pixelmon file there.
- Do not extract or unzip the file.
- If you have already had a previous version of Pixelmon, make sure that you delete your pixelmon.cfg from your minecraft/config folder and on all of your servers.
- Now just boot up Minecraft, and if it loads without crashing then check whether, in the mods menu on the main screen, it lists Pixelmon as one of the mods. If it does, Pixelmon is installed!
- Pixelmon 3.1.4 runs on Minecraft version 1.7.2 with Forge version 10.12.2.1121 or 10.12.2.1147.
- The open beta of Pixelmon 3.2 runs on Minecraft version 1.7.10 with Forge version 10.13.0.1180 or 10.13.0.1186.
- All Pixelmon downloads are universal, meaning they are both client and server.
- If you follow the instructions above and Minecraft crashes, start by examining the crash report and this crash reading guide.
- If you still have issues with Minecraft crashing and the crash reading guide doesn't contain the answer you need, try the Support tracker.